I was recently notified about writing a blog concerning a very serious matter. You see, this person (who will remain nameless) accidentally left a hose running all night resulting in the flooding of her back yard. She was rather upset about this and felt that she, as well as others, need some suggestions to prevent this happening again. Here are some ideas:
- Electronic and mechanical timers that attach to hose bibs. The mechanical ones may not work if the volume is low.
- Electronic timers. These small battery operated timers are otherwise used as kitchen timers.
- Alexa is always willing to set an alarm for you.
- Exercise tracking watches sometimes have an alarm feature.
- Battery operated flood detectors will issue an alarm if water reaches the sensor.
- Rubber wrist bands that you store on the hose bib can be worn as a reminder.
- The most easily used device is your phone which I know is tethered to your body.
Hopefully you will find one or more of these suggestions useful so you won’t make the same mistake that Beverly (oops) made. Coincidentally I am using a wrist band right now.
Stan, The Blog Man